Basic steps of natural body detoxification
Our body has 6 main system of detoxification: liver, kidneys, small and large intestines, lungs, lymph and our largest organ of elimination is our skin. All our organs of elimination have to work in harmony; otherwise the end result will negatively impact the body.
Here are some solutions to help your body to get that harmony:
- Avoid fried and processed foods, sodas, sugar, white flour and coffee.
- Boost fiber intake with foods such as whole grains( brown rice, millet, quinoa, oatmeal, barley, flax-seeds),legumes(lentils, kidney beans, black beans, fresh fruit and berries, vegetables like tomatoes, artichokes, onions, garlic, beets, red cabbage, broccoli)
- For cleansing and protecting all 6 systems it is ideal to drink plenty of water each day.
- Juice fresh vegetables and blend fresh fruits because fructose sugar from fruit when it separated from fiber (which is what happens during juicing) rushes into the system too fast and can be stored as fat.
To read more about the merits of juicing and for some basic ideas and recipes click here: Benefits of juicing article
- Herbs such as dandelion, burdock, milk thistle and natural green tea help to detoxify the liver.
- For yeast cleansing try herbs like olive leaf extract, capryllic acid and grapefruit seed extract.
- Take probiotics for good bacteria( natural sources are dairy products; fruit and veggie like brined olives, sauerkraut , pickled beets; soybean like miso, tamari, nondairy beverage like kombucha)
- Daily vitamin C intake aids in the production of glutathione, a compound the liver requires for flushing our toxins.
- Breathe deeply, as this allows oxygen to circulate and stimulate lymph flow.
- Exercise is one way you can promote perspiration to get rid of toxins through the skin; another is steam baths and saunas.
- Dry brush the skin to increase lymph flow and blood circulation.
- Indulge in hydrotherapy at home. Take a hot shower for five minutes, including scalp. Follow this with a burst of cold water for 30 seconds. Repeat this process three times (this stimulate lymph flow).
- Colon cleansing using colon hydrotherapy, enemas which utilize solutions of water or saline, sudsy solutions, oil solutions or variations of medications to aid with elimination.
Try to transform stress by focusing on positive thoughts and emotions; this will detoxify your brain which is very important to complete the Detox Program.