As you know the COVID-19 shut down
has been a big challenge for all of us, but now I am excited to let you know that
the governor of Texas has announce that salons will be allowed to resume
activity May 8th.
At that time I will be working to prepare my room along with detail cleaning and disinfecting. So then I will be ready for when Phenix salon will allow clients back in on May 11th.
So I am now booking appointments starting May 11th and forward. Please text me your request and I will do my best to accommodate you.
Before you book an appointment, it is serious for everyone’s safety to let me know if you have any health issues such as the following:
fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, difficulty breathing.
Also due to new guidelines please read the following (till things get back to normal) requested from Governor of Texas & Phenix Salons.
- The salon door will be locked; no one can wait for their appointment inside the salon.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment and please remain in your car and text me that you have arrived.
- I will call you when I am ready to open the salon door for you to come inside.
- You are required to wear a protective mask to come inside the building, it is important that you bring one please.
- I have hand sanitizer that I will ask you to use when you enter the salon, and a touch-less temperature of your forehead will be taken. If it is 100 degrees or above, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
I wish you to stay healthy, strong and positive.
DMN also known as collagen induction therapy (CIT), involves pricking the skin multiple times using a specially designed device with needles to create thousands of micro channels to allow greater penetration of topical solutions and to induce regeneration via the wound healing process. Unlike other collagen-boosting procedures like deep or aggressive chemical peel and laser skin resurfacing, DMN treatment keeps your epidermis (skin protection barrier) intact! While the channels in the epidermis have closed within hours a new collagen structure starts to form in the dermis under a protective shield, which minimizes time, this eliminates the risk and the negative side effects of a more aggressive procedure like deep chemical and laser resurfacing or fraxel.
During DMN treatment you will feel a little pressure and slight prickling with mild pinking or redness and sensitivity in the treated area which can last between 1 to 24 hours. To protect and soothe the skin occlusive healing cream or ointments are recommended for the first 24 to 48 hours as a home care regime. Mineral makeup and sunscreen may be used on the treated area next day after the procedure, although just keeping the skin moist often looks better and encourages faster healing.
DMN is a safe collagen-boosting treatment that can reduce and improve the following conditions:
- Increase penetration of active product ingredients into the skin (80% more)
- Promotes thickening of fine skin (increase in collagen deposition by more than 200%)
- Softens fine lines and wrinkles (especially the forehead, nasolabial lines, and wrinkles around the mouth)
- Tighten and restore elasticity
- Reduce the appearance of acne scars
- Helps reduce pigmentation marks
Number of treatments you need depends on age and skin condition. For more moderate common skin conditions, anywhere between three and eight treatments with four-week intervals is required. The results are evident after the very first treatment from the skin texture and its appearance as smooth, tight, firm, even-toned, glowing, and younger-looking skin.
Life Extension Foundation, a leading advocate of anti-aging medicine in the United States, has called for the declaration of national emergency to address the appalling vitamin D deficiency prevalent in the US population. Twenty percent of children and adults up to the age of 50 don’t get enough vitamin D every day. After 50, deficiencies affect as much as 95 percent of population.
Over years we have learned that vitamin D is responsible for regulation of calcium metabolism and bone health. But that’s not all there is to vitamin D.
Dr Michael Holick, the world’s foremost authority on vitamin D, proclaims: “If you had to choose a single nutrient that would help you ward off heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity, dementia, influenza, bacterial infection, depression, insomnia, muscle weakness, fibromyalgia, osteomalacia, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis, and hypertension, it would be vitamin D.”
There is natural way our body creates the vitamin D. When the sun’s ray strikes our skin, an amazing hormonal reaction is set in motion. Our skin absorbs the light and uses it to make vitamin D. It can be described as the human version of photosynthesis.
Next, our liver and kidneys metabolize the vitamin D into active hormone that interact receptors in all our body tissue to create a multitude of important physiological effects. That is why, when we think about it, our health and well-being depend upon developing an intimate relationship with the sun without accumulating long-term damage that can lead to skin cancer and premature aging.
One aspect of the study made by functional medical practitioners and reputable medical institutions such as Hopkins University was to evaluate the affect of restrictions of the sun’s energy – the way sunscreens do, on the structure and integrity of skin cells.
The results of these studies established the following:
- An increase in vitamin B, which is responsible for reducing inflammation and strengthening the integrity of blood vessels and the capillary bed, reduced the inflammatory response to the sun.
- The effects of triggering cells to produce naturally occurring protective antioxidant enzymes such as superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase, and the enzymes involved in glutathione synthesis and metabolism, were not only more efficient at neutralizing free radicals, but had the capability to recycle free radical waste, and did not convert to free radicals after neutralization.
- Diffusing the energy of the sun instead of confining it proved less destructive, and allowed the body to process vitamin D.
Further, scientists at Johns Hopkins University reported that we could achieve a healthy relationship with the sun with the help of botanicals instead of man made synthetic ingredients. Their study demonstrated that the protective chemical agent in extracts from broccoli sprouts works inside the cells by boosting the production of a network of protective enzymes that defend cells against many aspects of UV damage. These studies confirm that by boosting nutrition and using common sense during exposure to the sun, the future of sun care is bright!
Let the evidence shine: boost your vitamin D!
Anne C. Willis, an accredited skin care instructor and the director of Oncology Skin Therapeutics, summed up five basic steps for safe sun exposure as following:
- Depending on your pigmentation, go out in the sun for at least 10 to 20 minutes, two or three times a week—but no more than 20 minutes. If you are fair-skinned, your body can make enough vitamin D in just minutes. If you have darker skin or a deep tan, it will take longer for you to get the vitamin D you need.
- Expose as much of your skin as possible. A swimsuit is perfect attire, and skip the sunglasses.
- Do not allow skin to burn. This is very important. Sunburns damage your skin, contributing to all three types of skin cancer and causing aging affects. You want to get your vitamin D safely, which means getting out of the sun or putting on protective clothing before you burn.
- Increase nutritional levels, particularly focusing on vitamin B.
- Apply pure botanicals that boost the production of the network of protective enzymes that defend cells.
Supplementing the skin with additional antioxidant like vitamins C and E, glutathione, green tea, coffee Arabica extract and silybin (Milk Thistle Extract), can help to booster this protection and minimize potential UV-induced damage.
So go ahead and enjoy the sun, avoid burning and eat lots of broccoli and other vegetables and fruit for your health and beauty.
Spring season has arrived. It symbolizes new life, new energy, new look. Are you happy with your new look? Some of us are probably not.
During winter our body asks us for more heavy food with lots of bad carbs and fats and it is difficult to resist. Result is our clothes are seems to fill tighter, our energy is lower and our skin looked stressed out, because we know that skin is our biggest and reactive organ of the body. So whatever we put inside body and topically make significant impact how it looks. If we don’t like how we look now it is probably time to make some changes.
There are a few easy and really working ones.
Change some of your habits. And start with your food habits. Get your body more fruits and veggie. They will give lots of hydration, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy carbs, which make your body stronger and healthier. And it is important, because you need more energy for regular exercises and it is second important step for success, because it will burn fat and improve your body metabolism.
Third important step is to cleanse our body from the toxins it been accumulating during winter. There are lots of detoxification systems for liver and kidney you can see over the counter around. I just want to warn you that any extreme detox program should be done under doctor control. The danger of those programs that sometimes they can do more harm than good, because released toxins go into blood, which can affect your well being depends on your body conditions. That’s why the moderation and regularity are very important to get success fighting toxins and fats and get the look you deserve.
Lake Loise (MD in education from Stanford University, founder and CEO of SMB Essentials) is offering interesting and simple, in my opinion, 3-Day seasonal cleanse, which is great way to refocus and recommit to the goals and resolutions that you made at the beginning of the year.
3 day seasonal cleanse.
A week prior to cleansing, gradually reduce your intake of sugar and artificial sweeteners, white flour, dairy, alcohol, salt and caffeine, while increasing your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables. This prepares you for the change, both mentally and physically.
- Upon rising: Drink 1 cup of hot water with lemon; sit in silence for 10 minutes.
- Breakfast: Green smoothie: 2 handfuls of spinach, 1 banana, 1 apple (cored), 1 tablespoon flax seed oil and 16 oz filtered water OR 1 cup of oatmeal with almond or rice milk.
- Snack: 1 apple or pear and a handful of unsalted raw almonds.
- Lunch: 1 cup legumes; 1 cup brown rice or quinoa; 1 cup steamed chard, kale or spinach.
- Snack: 2 apples OR 1 cup of celery and carrot sticks with 2 tablespoons of hummus.
- Dinner: 1 cup of steamed beets with brown rice; 1 cup of steamed kale, chard, collard greens or spinach.
- Before bed: Drink 1 cup of hot lemon water. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Begin and end the day with 1 teaspoon of psyllium powder mixed with 10 oz water. This assists the elimination process.
Detoxifying the body targets the liver (where toxins and mood-altering hormones can build up) and the colon (which holds waste). It is very common to experience an increase in energy and improved digestion, both of which lead to healthier skin and a greater ability to focus. Regularly doing a seasonal cleanse can help us follow a lifetime of healthier eating. Mark your calendar this spring and make a commitment to prepare your body for the new season.
Just a quick note to let you know I will be out of town a few days, from this Saturday Dec.3rd. till the 5th.
If you are needing any of my services, please remember that I would love to see you and I am here for you before and after those dates.
To schedule an appointment please call.
Love you wish you all success.
To make an appointment please contact by:
972-717-1111 > Salon
469-744-4038 > Cell
(NOTE: if you have difficulties calling the salon, please, call my cell or email me and I’ll do my best for you)
Don’t forget to join me for a night out at Humphrey’s Salon!
On this Friday, October 21, from 6:30-9:00PM, Humphrey’s is celebrating their Grand Re-Opening with an evening social, and would like for you to be there!
We will have light refreshments and a wine tasting hosted by Las Colinas Beverage. We will also have goodie bags for the first 50 guests to arrive!
Humphrey’s will be giving away hair product packages and I will be providing for the night’s drawing a free facial and a free waxing service, and the more friends you bring, the more chances you will have to win!
My Grand Re-opening promotion will be a free Gift certificate with purchase of skin care services and free product samples!
Humphrey’s will also have a special price reductions on all your favorite Kerastase and Bumble and Bumble products during the party!
I will be offering complimentary skin consultations, and our Kerastase reps will be here to diagnose your personal haircare needs!
Don’t miss out on the fun!
RSVP by simply replying to this email!
Hope to see you there!
Love you wish you all success.
And in return here are some of my spring specials:
Book an appointment for Microdermabrasion or any Facial and
get the following for FREE
Your choice of Light treatments:
- 10 min Red & Infrared light face treatment for sun damaged, broken capillaries, inflamed, stressed out, dull, and aging skin to make it look and feel tighter, stronger, healthier and younger;
Regular price is $30.
- 10 min Blue light face treatment for acne breakouts skin to kill bacteria and heal blemishes;
Regular price is $30.
- 10 min Red & Infrared & Amber hand treatment for pigmented, wrinkled and thin skin on hands to make them looking lighter, plumper and younger.
Regular price is $25.
Love you and hope you will take advantage of this offer.
Now I am back and have included some photos from my amazing trip on the world’s largest cruise ship “Oasis of the Seas”.
Returning from this break I am full of energy and new ideas about our skin needs. We are all feeling tired from the winter weather and so does our skin. But there is good news! Spring is here and we are going to change our drab winter clothing for light and colorful ones.
So we want our skin to look plump, fresh, glowing and hydrated.
It is time to start your skin renewal program now! I want to talk about innovative treatments for the face, neck & décolleté areas and revolutionary treatment for hands.
Before treatment, I have a new device to analyze your skin hydration to make the most beneficial program skin needs.
I want to introduce you to a new skin treatment and product from KLAPP – Classic European Line – the winner of the Innovative Beauty Award in 2000, 2006 and 2008. For over 30 years Klapp has been one of the trendsetters in the beauty market, with pioneering breakthrough treatments such as bio cell and peptide technology, oxygen, gold therapy and omega caviar treatments.
I want you to experience skin renewing and energizing innovative and versatile treatments from KLAPP.
50 min treatment is real miracle weapon for building new moisture depots and long term supply with hyalironic acid, the most important of connective tissue for storing moisture. The advanced ingredients like plants oils, silk proteins, ceramides and vitamins restore elasticity and firmness to the skin, leaving it smooth, tight and hydrated. $110
STEM CELL&PEPTADE TREATMENT
50 min facial. Stem cell extract from rare Swiss apple protects and stimulate skin stem cells, play an important role in regeneration and can even counteract premature skin aging. Stem cell technology can be defined as a breakthrough in anti-aging skin care. Another active ingredient Regestril is combination of various peptides. It drastically effective against lines, wrinkles as well as crow feet and reduce them by 72%, making skin appear younger and firmer. $125
NECK & DECOLLETE TREATMENT
15 MIN special treatment for nurturing and firming the neck and décolleté. Regestril (see STEM CELL&PEPTIDE TREATMENT) rejuvenate and smoothes skin. Botanical extracts from quince, green beans, micro algae improves the moisture balance and calms stressed skin. This treatment can be Add on for any facial treatment.
Now we are going to talk about revolutionary treatments for your hands that had been covered by gloves at winter time and now have to be revealed. We want them to look young, plumped and cleaned of sun damage and aging spots.
REVITALIGHT HAND TREATMENT
25 min treatment including skin cleansing, exfoliating from dead cells and then exposed to miracle LED machine to get immediate result of much smother, softer skin ton evener and younger looking hands. $25.
So now we are all covered, our skin of face, neck & décolleté and hands are all going to talk for us. Time to enjoy yourself and the jealous looks we’ll get, we deserved by working very hard.
As always, I am here for you.
Good morning everybody.
Are you ready for Halloween?
On my website go to the link (left sidebar) for Skin Care News where you can see my promotions for October with Pumpkin facial (20% off the regular price).
By the way, in Humphrey’s salon where I have my business now you can purchase very nice looking gift certificates for someone you love and care for upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays.
I wish everybody luck and success.
Looking forward to see you soon.
Mark your Calendar:
Irina will be out of town on a cruise from October 18th through October 25th. Please schedule an appointment to ask her about her cruise.
Skin Care News:
After research and training I am ready to start with one more new line to work on your skin: OSMOSIS-Pur Medical Skin Care-Product.
Actually it’s nature and science together and I like their philosophy.
They believe in creating a partnership with the skin. This includes utilizing world’s research proven ingredients that the skin recognizes and friendly accept, maintaining the epidermal barrier while focusing most of the attention on the dermis (the only place that significant aging and others skin problems occurs), virtually eliminating inflammation during repair and feeding the skin through increasing blood flow. The combination of these strategies in conjunction with ability to penetrate the skin using the most advanced delivery system makes this line one of the best at restoring skin health and returning it to a more youthful state.
I want to introduce two significant services using this product line:
- Organic Medi-Facial and Facial Infusion (non acid Peel). They are both extremely safe and tolerated by all skin types and conditions including pregnancy and nursing.
- Organic Medi-Facial uses Liposome Powders to create a facial that will begin the changes and remodeling the skin from inside out. You will see a difference in texture of the skin immediately. The Medi-Facial System treats acne, hyperpigmentation, rosacea and aging skin. It is made of Certified Organic Masks and 11 potent powders to customize the perfect treatment for your skin.
- Facial Infusion (non acid peel) works as “Natural Exfoliation”. Osmosis creates a more youthful cell turnover rate and facial Infusion stimulates this process so that the flaking that is created can be referred to natural exfoliation. Instead of wounding the skin, Facial Infusion with its potent liposome delivery of calming, antibacterial, lightening and dermal remodeling ingredients is great for every skin condition.
To get more information about the line and its Philosophy go to www.Osmosisskincare.com
I am excited to introduce this new Line to you for your skin benefits besides others services available in my place at Humphreys salon on North MacArthur Blvd.
Skin Care Specials:
From October 27th through October 31st. Pumpkin Hydrating Facials are just $80.00 that is 20% off of our regular price of $100.00
Pumpkin Latte Hydration Masque
Description: Revitalizing and Nourishing
Skin Type: Normal to dry, dehydrated and devitalized skin types
The Pumpkin Latte Hydration Facial improves the skin’s texture and reduces the appearance of fine lines. It infuses every cell of your skin with rich antioxidants, nutrients and delivers high levels of vitamins A, B, C, D, and E; leaving your skin pumpkin plump, extra hydrated, and glowing.